There are many ways you can help support the Washington Street Community Center.
- Contribute items to WSCC’s Wish List: The Center has an ever-changing Wish List of needed items. Call us at 303-733-4643 for a current list of items needed.
- Volunteer time: WSCC relies on volunteers for a wide variety of activities including working with kids and seniors, helping out at special events, etc. As little as an hour or more a week can help us help others.
- Donate money: The Center survives on small donations (and large!) from individuals just like you. Any amount you can contribute will help ensure our programs will continue to meet the needs of the community. Here are some examples of how donations can be used to help support WSCC’s mission: $25 can cover the cost of a hearing, vision or speech screening to identify developmental issues for children in need; $50 can support the Children’s Program with one literacy home connection backpack to build an emergent reader’s skills; $100 can provide a nutritious lunch for up to 30 seniors; $250 can cover one month’s space rental to recovering stroke victims working together to regain their language skills; $500 can provide the space for the visiting nurse for clinics for on month; $1,000 can grant professional development activities and opportunities for WSCC staff.
- Become a member: Help us guarantee the future of your Community Center by becoming a member of the Washington Street Community Center Family. Your annual, tax-deductible membership fee directly supports our Senior, Children’s and Community Programs by helping us to grow and improve our offerings and to create a stronger neighborhood.
– Supporting Member (Senior $40; Individual $50)
* These levels include the following benefits
~ Discounted meals (Community Dinner and Senior Lunch)
~ Discounts on selected programs offered by our partners
~ Two complimentary Community Dinner tickets
~ Member ticket rate for all WSCC events
~ Exciting extras for members at all WSCC events
~ Annual WSCC communication
– Family Member ($75)
* This level includes all of the above benefits and:
~ Tuition discounts
~ Priority registration for Children’s Programs
– Bronze Member ($100)
* This level includes all benefits from the family member level, plus:
~ Two (2) No Cook Night Tickets
– Business Member ($200)
* This level includes the following benefits:
~ Discount on space rental
~ Special recognition on our website
~ Quarterly Ad/Publication in the Spotlight
~ Annual WSCC Communication
~ Business card size ad in annual WSCC Mailing
Be a part of our Community Message Walk! Our special brick pavers are engraved with your personal message and blanket the ground around the entrance to the Center. Call or click here for more information.
Don’t forget, all donations of unwanted items, wish list contributions, and cash donations
are tax deductible.