Washington Street Community Center Preschool inspires your child to gain a love of learning, and community. Our program includes learning experiences that are flexible and responsive to the needs of each child. WSCC provides a safe, loving, and creative environment to help nourish and develop healthy relationships, self-confidence, and critical thinking skills. Within our warm community environment your child will feel right at home while gaining life long friendships and memorable experiences.
The Washington Street Community Center Preschool serves children ages 2 1/2 to 5 years of age. WSCC is a community partner of the Denver Preschool Program and is a Colorado Shines 4-Diamond Site (Previously Qualistar).
WSCC’s Preschool utilizes Creative Curriculum® aligns to the Colorado Early Learning & Development standards for Early Childhood Education with an emphasis on the domains of self-direction, collaboration & invention. Children learn valuable skills they’ll need to be successful in kindergarten and beyond with our LINC (Learning in Nurturing Communities) Social Emotional Curriculum.
Parent participation, a quality staff and community involvement are the distinguishing characteristics of the Children’s Program and hallmarks of our commitment to the Washington Park neighborhood.
Enrolling in our program your child will receive:
- High quality care and learning environment
- Highly experienced and qualified staff (Meet our staff here)
- Individualized teaching strategies ensured to meet the needs of each child
- Enrichment Classes – Yoga, Music, Visual Arts, Soccer and much more!
- Regular community and family events
- Child growth and development is carefully documented and reported to parents with regular parent teacher interactions and conferences
- Annual Hearing, Vision, and Speech Screenings
- Social, emotional, life long skills
- Nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks (included in tuition)
- Spring and summer gardening
- Cooking & nutritional lessons
- Philanthropic education and opportunities
WSCC Schedule Options:
Extended Full Day 7am – 5pm or 8am-6pm
Full Day 8am – 5pm
Half Day 8am – 1pm
Extended Half Day 7am – 1pm
Email email@example.com to inquire about rate information or to schedule a tour today!